Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Post Race Feels


The runners high is no joke. I felt on top of the world for the past week, like I could accomplish anything and everything. The first run however, didn’t feel quite so. I gave myself a day off and went out for a few quick miles and huffed and puffed my sore legs through them. Timing wise was on point, but my legs just felt like absolute lead. I wish I could be a runner that goes out for a quick “8 mile shakeout run.” You go people, are you even human? I can only hope to accomplish these kinds of feats one day. I probably will also need to have a lot more free time or a job that allows me to run on a treadmill while working (doubtful.)

Charlie always joins in on stretching time.

I gave myself a few good days off, went out to sushi and a movie and more my amazing new Oofos and race tee because I am really stylish. We saw Tomorrowland which was EXCELLENT, all should see! It was a long movie, but the premise and the overall message brought me to tears. I don’t want to spoil it for everyone, but it basically goes along with my mantra of peacefulness, positivity, simplicity, etc. Please go see it and tell me what you think too! The rest of the week consisted of pure laziness, packing to move in a few weeks, and seeing friends. If you are ever in the Orlando area hit up my favorite restaurant, Dandelion CafĂ©. Vegan wholesome goodness. The Buffalo 66 is my all time favorite in bowl form! (See below!)



And then: my long run for the week. I like to do my long runs on the weekend because I have more time, can take my time, and have time after to stretch and recover. Key word: time. I headed out at 6:30am for a hopeful 8 miles. Did not work out so well. Central Florida is in full force of the summer, it was at least 85 degrees and so humid I could see mist in the air. After 2.5 miles I turned around and ended with a solid 5 miles; good enough for me less than a week after my amazing half! I took the rest of the day laying around watching Netflix, packing, and going to Disney World!


My next post is going to be a long and very passionate one: all about my views and beliefs on nutrition and exercise, and how I came to form these ideals and what resources I recommend.


Keep running friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment