Friday, June 19, 2015

Run and Be!

Happy Friday my friends! It's been a great week in my new home, much closer to safe places to run, trails, and it is oh so quiet, absolutely amazing. I thought I would share some of the random things I eat (I almost always forget to take pictures before I dig in.)

Dr. Prager's California style veggie burger (Trader Joe's) with roasted sweet potato and carrots!

Made a healthy & vegan Chipotle burrito bowl for the boyfriend and I! Brown rice, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, Trader Joe's salsa, Daiya cheddar cheese and Tofutti sour cream! It was amazing and will be my new favorite and easy meal.

Some views post- morning run this week at my new complex :) Who else loves the morning sunrise peeking through the trees?

I can get pretty zen-ed out on my runs, today my thought was this: "You will never learn to celebrate, no matter what possessions or experiences you gain, if you cannot celebrate the NOW." www.richroll.com/podcast/the-zen-of-wude/ Thanks as always, to the Rich Roll podcast for tuning me into the real matters of life every day, and for making me life in the present moment. I recommend this to EVERYONE. Such an inspiring and invigorating man. I really look up to you Rich, "Peace + Plants." www.richroll.com/category/podcast/
Running inspires me to be the best version of myself. It starts my day with tranquility, just me and the road ahead and my thoughts. I believe you can fine tune your senses, seeing the grass a little greener, being thankful for the Earth and all her beauty, feeling your own body for exactly what it is and loving it more than you knew possible. Without running I don't know where I would be today; stuck in an endless cycle of work, going out to bars, watching TV for hours. Instead I plan my days around my runs and am a more peaceful and patient person. I like to learn, think, and feel. So get out there, and keep running friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment