Saturday, June 27, 2015

Some Eats & Some Feels

When life gets busy, I find it even more important to make time to run. Whether it is 30 minutes, an hour, or a cross training/yoga type workout I always feel less stressed and am more productive and level headed. Work gets stressful sometimes, however I find myself cool, calm and collected when I have already hit the pavement before I even punch the clock. Running keeps my sanity in all aspects of life. I choose better food options, make sure I sleep more, read more, and think presently. I know, I am one of those runners who wants to preach it from the rooftops and tell everyone about how much I love it, and I can't help it! 


 Preach!

Running is my favorite form of meditation, my body knows what to do, I don't have to think, and I can simply focus on the world around me and my thoughts. Lately life hasn't been the easiest, but running is always there to clear my head and help me appreciate life and solve my problems. Emotions are a big thing on my mind at the moment, and from today's run I discovered this: We have emotions, we are not our emotions. Take life one small step at a time. Don't think big picture if it scares you, think of the task ahead, not even the day ahead. Thinking presently is a great way to enjoy the here and now, and also to reduce life's ever constant stresses and anxiety. 

Just the trees themselves, always there, always tall and strong. The wind may bend and blow them but they will always stand right back up.

I also thought I would share some of my eats from the week! 

 Breakfast bowl! Banana, blueberries, granola and cashew milk aka my favorite. 
 Ezekiel toast with flax peanut butter (Trader Joe's) and fruit!

 Simple veggie/hummus wrap

Vegan pizza! Daiya cheese, broccolini, mushrooms and tofu strips :) new favorite and so easy!

Remember friends, don't sweat the small stuff. And when the going gets tough, go for a run. You WILL feel better :)

Charlie and I wish you a great weekend and week ahead! Keep running friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment