Saturday, May 16, 2015

A Little About Me

I admit, I am not your average 23 year old. I like to go to bed by 9:30PM, I enjoy waking up before the sun to run and start my day, I like salads over a big burger, and a kombucha is my cocktail of choice. So yeah.... you won't find me posted up at happy hour too oftern, I call "happy hour" a nice hour long run!

Anywhoo my running story began in college at the University of Central Florida running to keep off the freshman 15, to feel better after a late night out, and philanthropy 5ks. Not all too inspiring. However one day I was feeling very motivated and decided to sign up for the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February of 2013. I used my dad who is a seasoned marathon runner, and my younger sister who ran cross country in High School and college for advice and tips to develop a "plan" and began to train. The day came, and thanks to my sweetheart of a mother who created my costume, I ran as "Cinderella," tutu and all. I loved every mile of it and after I crossed the finish line in tears and hardly breathing from the absolute rush it gave me, I decided I was hooked and I could finally call myself a runner.


Running down Mainstreet USA towards the castle!


VERY proud of my medal. *Note I ran in horrible shoes not right for my feet, and bruised all my toes and lost a few toenails. Get fit for the correct shoes people!

Since then I have been a pretty regular runner, (except in the summer in Central Florida LOL yeah right.) I ran the 2013 Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon, the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February 2014, the 2014 Disney Tower of Terror 10 Miler, the Lake Minneola 12k in April 2015, and next weekend in Boston I will be running the Run to Remember Half with my dad and sister! Very stoked for that.





I pinky promise most posts will not be as wordy as this but wanted to share my experiences to date. 
To fellow runners, and those thinking of starting, get out there and do it for yourselves, you will not regret it!

View from the start of Lake Minneola 12k

No comments:

Post a Comment