Tuesday, February 7, 2017

5 Things I Have Learned & Hope to Grow into in my 25th Year

January 25th I woke up the ripe old age of 25, which also happens to be my Golden Year! 24 taught me more than most years in the relationships I had, moving to NYC, and with my career. I have grown into myself a lot over the past few years and wanted to share a few things I have learned, and am working towards implementing more into my life.




1.     Success is measured by your happiness. I am happy when I am doing what I love; my new job planning weddings at my dream venue, running, doing yoga, being with those I love, and in nature.

2.     Be true to yourself. Always do what feeds your soul and not to satisfy others. It is really important to me to always be authentically myself, and to embrace all my quirks.

3.     Don’t give all of yourself. I am a giver; I give and give and am always there for my friends no matter what they need. However, that has not always been reciprocated. After much hurt, I have learned that I cannot always care for others more than myself, especially when they do not return the favor. Keep your good friends close, and always keep a special place in your heart and your day for yourself.

4.      Find an outlet. Life can be hard sometimes. I find that having an outlet to de-stress and refocus on something you care about really helps me. Running and yoga are that for me. The physical burn and the clarity I get through meditation in both are not paralleled by anything else to me, and I am obsessed with both!   

5.     Your body is your vessel, take care of it. You were given this one, precious, human body to carry you through life. Life is the most incredible gift we can have and I believe in wellness and longevity for that life. So I choose to eat real, nutritious, healthy food and move my body in ways that feel good to me (even what that means running a marathon.)





All in all, I learned after years of working to please others, or to “fit in”, that the most important thing we can have in this life is satisfaction with ourselves. I find that I am happiest when I am doing exactly what feeds my soul: spending a quiet night at home with Charlie and a book, going on a long run with friends, yoga and meditation, a hot bath, trying new restaurants, discovering new places, and a hearty glass of red wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment