Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Weekend Recap: Long Run!

Hi friends! This weekend absolutely FLEW by, and I have been so busy that I have barely had any time to put up a blog post.

Since I am in half-marathon training for Boston's "Run to Remember" on May 24, 2015 in Boston I planned to do my long run (also my longest run in training) on Saturday.  Some may choose in training to run longer than 10, or even than 13.1 but since I have already run three half's and since it is May and Central Florida, I thought 10 would be sufficient. So Friday night consisted of me laying on the couch, eating an Annie's pasta and meatball dinner, ice cream, and going to bed at 9:30. I know I know, I am so exciting.

My alarm went off at 6:00am on Saturday morning and I was PUMPED. I got my running clothes on (laid out the night before), filled my fuel belt with water, put some Honey Stinger's chews for when I started to hit a wall, and pressed play on my podcast for the day. (Shout-out to "The Running Lifestyle" podcast! Seriously you make my runs so enjoyable!) I set out and did a mostly flat point to point 10 mile run. I felt great, ate my chews at mile 5 during a .10 mile walk and flew on home. By 9am I was back on the couch eating breakfast before a shift at my "fun" weekend job. I worked that afternoon/evening on my fantastic runner's high that lasted until my head hit the pillow that evening.


My cat, Charlie. Always helping me stretch :)

(Post run breakfast! Smoothie not pictured.)


Sunday, I met my boyfriend and co-worker and her son at Disney's Hollywood Studios for.... STAR WARS WEEKEND. Yes, I am geeky. With my boys t-shirt from Target and Yoda backpack in tow we hit the park to watch the parade, ride on Star Tours, and stalk characters. It was a very fun day, I would recommend to all to try to go for only a few hours if possible, it is very busy and hot in Orlando in May. I will definitely be going back for the night-time fireworks and show!



Now, on to the week long taper. Not a fan. Will post a little about it soon!

Keep on running, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment